Monday, February 15, 2010

Legion

I am not going to lie. This was the most entertaining movie I have seen in a LONG while.
I am also not going to lie when I say that this movie is in the same vein as Constantine.
And that I freaking LOVE Constantine.

Yes I am sure the comic books are better in Constantine's case.
Yes I am sure that there are a lot of people out there who will despise Legion.
But hey. Why not? It is Paul Bettany, after all.

On that note, I thought Mr. Bettany's performance was wonderful. He had such moments of tenderness. Also extreme moments of badassery. It was fabulous. The gasoline trick (which is in the trailer: this is a spoiler free zone, or I'll try to keep it that way) was one of my absolute favorites.
Also, archangel Gabriel. OH MY LORD. Not nearly as pretty as angel-fied Mr. Bettany, but he had some pretty awesome moves.
So my basic conclusion is: if you have any affinity for the supernatural movies that end up on the bad to the nearly bad side of the scale - and by that I mean excellent - drop everything. See this movie. Especially if it's in a cinetopia.

Incidentally, there is a movie that has been out for several years which looks like an almost perfect cross of Constantine and Legion, at least visual-wise. It's called Gabriel. Apparently it came out a few years ago, made in Australia. I can't wait to get my mitts on a widescreen edition of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment