Monday, April 1, 2013

William Hertling's Indie & Small Press Book Publishing: it's SuperEffective!

All joking aside, this book was extremely useful, arguably more useful than the textbook of my editing and publishing course (partly due to my teacher instilling mistrust in us as a class, but that's a different story).



Accessible, direct, and broken down into manageable sections, I&SPBM is a great how-to guide for marketing at any step of the publishing process. As I was reading I caught myself thinking such thoughts as "I'll have to read this again for my own marketing campaign," "why am I not taking notes?", and "...I can do that." I might have even committed the cardinal sin of dog-earing pages for future reference.

Beyond being a great breakdown of how to market a book conceptually, I&SPBM comes equipped with checklists, recommendations for software, a crash course on the math-ier side of advertising, examples of key items for the visually and example-oriented, and hyperlinks to other resources.

I&SPBM is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment