Saturday, September 21, 2013

Ticker Factory - Fertility Tracking turned Productivity Tool

Based on the website, Ticker Factory was originally designed to help women keep track of their fertility (don't ask me how that's supposed to work because I'm not actually sure). But either way, they've expanded their functionality and customization options so that you can use a ticker to track basically whatever you want. In my case, wordcount. I'll be participating in NaNoWriMo soon, which means that I'll be shooting for 50k words in 30 days. That's 1667 words a day. It'll be painful. It'll be brutal. But if I can make it, it'll be worth it. I might even finish the damn 5th book.



Either way I'll be participating in the spirit and writing as much as I can, and I've found that NaNo helps me generate content because I want to see my wordcount graph rise. After NaNo, I'm not nearly as motivated because I don't have graphs and trackers to interact with - maybe Ticker Factory's counters can be a placebo/replacement for the other eleven months of the year.

Happy writing, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment