Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Gentlemen's Duel

This, my friends, is one of the most fabulously funny animated shorts I have ever seen. Produced by Blur Studio and written and directed by Sean McNally and Francisco Ruiz Velasco, A Gentlemen's Duel is amusing in the way that only animated shorts can be. From over-exaggerated violence to the kind of stereotype that one can just barely get away with (I sincerely apologize to both the English and the French, respectively), it's at least a romp of a good time.

Yet again, I marvel at the fact that it took me so long to come across this piece (credit goes to Ryan). It was released in 2006, and appeared on the scene in 2008 when it paid a visit to the RiverRun International Film Festival. Now it graces viewers with its presence via the youtubes.

Be warned: this duel is not as it seems. But in the interest of not spoiling anything, I shall say no more.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I found it by accident. I'm glad it amused you. ^_^

    ReplyDelete